Biometric Health Screening - Your Plan for Health
Biometric Health Screening
A biometric screening, sometimes called a biometric health screening or biometric assessment, provides a clinical assessment of key health measures. These results may be used to identify certain health conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease, or to indicate an increased risk for these conditions.
A verified biometric screening is an important part of a health and wellness program. A screening may be conducted at an on-campus screening event, at a commercial laboratory or at a provider’s office. Ohio State offers a variety of options to allow all employees and spouses, to participate in the screening program.
Your verified biometric screening, consisting of height, weight, blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL, and blood sugar value (either glucose or A1C), can be completed in one of the following ways.
- Your values obtained during an annual exam with an OSU or Central Ohio Primary Care (COPC) provider are received by the OSU Health Plan (OSUHP). Once all values are received (height, weight, blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL and a blood sugar value: glucose or A1c), OSUHP will provide verification that you have a complete biometric screening.
- Please make sure your provider exam occurs prior to December to allow for sufficient processing time.
- If you complete an on-campus screening, you will automatically receive credit for completing the verified biometric screening.
- While there are more than 22,000 appointments available throughout the year, due to resource availability, it is unlikely that we will be able to accommodate everyone during the final rush in November and December – please plan accordingly.
- Search for available appointments here.
- If you see a provider outside of the OSU or COPC network, you may need to have your values submitted by your provider. Please have your provider use this form to submit to the OSU Health Plan to verify that you have completed a biometric screening with him or her.
- Any form sent after Noon EST on December 31, 2020 will not be processed or accepted.
By annually completing two steps, the PHA and a verified biometric screening, enrolled employees can reduce the cost of their medical contributions by $25 per month and enrolled spouse can earn an additional $15 per month.
Log in to Virgin Pulse to complete your PHA or confirm completion.
When your Verified Biometric Screening has been processed, it will be reflected as complete in your “REWARDS” tab with a checkmark and date. You need a complete PHA and verified biometric screening to earn Premium Credit.
When you see both checkmarks you have earned your Premium Credit. Log in to Virgin Pulse and select “REWARDS” to view your status.
*If you believe all of your values have been obtained by your provider and it is not being reflected in your Virgin Pulse account, please contact the Ohio State Health Plan for assistance firstname.lastname@example.org