Challenge Rules Consent - Your Plan for Health
Challenge Rules Consent
By joining the Hit the Road challenge, you agree to accurately log your activity. The YP4H portal administrator, Virgin Pulse, will be monitoring challenge entries to determine any activity that appears to be inappropriate. If Virgin Pulse contacts you, you agree to work with them to verify your activity and acknowledge that any activity in question that is not verified to be legitimate will result in disqualification from the challenge and any associated challenge incentives for your team.
- This challenge starts on Oct 5, 12 am local time, and ends on Nov 29, 11:59 pm local time.
- The last chance to upload your steps is Dec 2, 11:59 pm local time. Steps uploaded after this date won’t be counted in the final results. Try uploading daily—it’s more fun!
- Teams can have up to 10 participants. Try to recruit a full crew to maximize your ability to unlock all destinations.
- If you leave a team after the start date, you are out of the challenge. You cannot leave a team and join a new one.
- If you join a team after the start date, some of your steps might not count.
- Team scores are based on total team steps.
- You can get credit for a maximum of 30,000 steps per day. Consider uploading steps from a fitness tracker or app for a seamless challenge experience.
- If self-entering activity, you must do so in the challenge activity conversion tool.
Good to Know
- Participant names and step counts may be shared with other challenge participants and administrators.
- You have up to 14 days to go back and enter steps prior to the upload deadline.
Points Available (up to 5,100 max)*
- Individual average of 4,000-7,499 steps/day at challenge conclusion: 1,000 points
- Individual average of 7,500-9,999 steps/day at challenge conclusion: 2,000 points
- Individual average of 10,000-12,499 steps/day at challenge conclusion: 3,000 points
- Individual average of 12,500+ steps/day at challenge conclusion: 4,000 points
- Individual daily step average ≥ challenge average at conclusion: 1,000 bonus points
- Photo submission: 100 bonus points via voucher code (one time)
- Take A Lap Drawing: 10 participants will win $10 PulseCash for submitting a photo of how they are kicking off the challenge
- Weekly Drawing: 2 photo scavenger hunt participants will win $25 PulseCash for submitting an entry
- Grand Prize Drawing: 3 teams who have unlocked all challenge destinations will win for $50 PulseCash for all members
- Ohio State and Your Plan for Health (YP4H) are committed to helping you achieve your best health. Rewards for participating in wellness challenges are available to all benefits-eligible faculty and staff and their spouses who are enrolled in the OSU Health Plan. If you are unable to meet the current standard in light of your health status (physician recommendation, pregnancy, etc.), you might qualify for an opportunity to earn the same reward by different means (provider waiver or reasonable alternative). Contact email@example.com to learn more about whether you qualify and we will work with you to develop a plan/activity with the same reward that is right for you.
*You must log/sync your activity with the Virgin Pulse portal/app at least once per week (Mon-Sun) during five of the eight weeks of the challenge timeframe in order to be eligible for the reward points. If you are using an app/device, you have to regularly open the dashboard of that app/device in order for that data to be synced to the Virgin Pulse portal/app. Team members who did not participate in the challenge (i.e. join a team but do not log activity) will not receive points. Final points will be awarded by 12/9/20.
**Team members who did not participate in the challenge (i.e. join a team but do not log activity) are not eligible for prizes. PulseCash is subject to taxation at the time it is earned, so raffle winners can accept or decline the prize.
If you have questions about this, contact YP4H by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (614) 292-1050.