Challenge Rules Consent - Your Plan for Health
Challenge Rules Consent
By joining the Explore The Mediterranean With YP4H challenge, you agree to accurately log your activity. The YP4H portal administrator, Virgin Pulse, will be monitoring challenge entries to determine any activity that appears to be inappropriate. If Virgin Pulse contacts you, you agree to work with them to verify your activity and acknowledge that any activity in question that is not verified to be legitimate will result in disqualification from the challenge and any associated challenge incentives for your team.
- This challenge starts on Apr 19, 12 am local time, and ends on May 30, 11:59 pm local time.
- The last chance to upload your steps is Jun 02, 11:59 pm local time. Steps uploaded after this date won’t be counted in the final results. Try uploading daily—it’s more fun!
- Teams can have up to 8 participants. Try to recruit a full crew!
- If you leave a team after the start date, you are out of the challenge. You cannot leave a team and join a new one.
- If you join a team after the start date, some of your steps might not count.
- Team scores are based on total team steps.
- You can get credit for a maximum of 30,000 steps per day. Consider uploading steps from a fitness tracker or app for a seamless challenge experience.
- If self-entering activity, you must do so in the challenge activity conversion tool.
- Throughout the challenge, you will work together as a university to unlock stages.
- If we unlock all the stages before the challenge ends, keep walking!
Good to Know
- Participant names and step counts may be shared with other challenge participants and administrators.
- You have up to 14 days to go back and enter steps prior to the upload deadline.
Points Available (up to 5,000 max)*
- University unlocks Marseilles – 500 points
- University unlocks Venice – 500 points
- University unlocks Naples – 1,000 points
- University unlocks Athens – 2,000 points
- Individual step average ≥ challenge step average – 1,000 points
- 10K Day – during each week of the challenge, 1 participant will win $25 PulseCash for walking 10,000 steps on either Friday, Saturday or Sunday
- Photo Submission – during each week of the challenge, 1 participant will win $25 PulseCash for submitting a photo of a Mediterranean inspired meal or snack
- View challenge page for details
- Ohio State and Your Plan for Health (YP4H) are committed to helping you achieve your best health. Rewards for participating in wellness challenges are available to all benefits-eligible faculty and staff and their spouses who are enrolled in the OSU Health Plan. If you are unable to meet the current standard in light of your health status (physician recommendation, pregnancy, etc.), you might qualify for an opportunity to earn the same reward by different means (provider waiver or reasonable alternative). Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about whether you qualify and we will work with you to develop a plan/activity with the same reward that is right for you.
*You must log/sync your activity with the Virgin Pulse portal/app at least twice during the timeframe between stage unlocks in order to be eligible for the reward points. If you are using an app/device, you have to regularly open the dashboard of that app/device in order for that data to be synced to the Virgin Pulse portal/app. Team members who did not participate in the challenge (i.e. join a team but do not log activity) will not receive points. Stage unlock points will be awarded within 48 hours of the stage unlock and final bonus points will be awarded by 6/11/21.
**Team members who did not participate in the challenge (i.e. join a team but do not log activity) are not eligible for prizes. PulseCash is subject to taxation at the time it is earned, so raffle winners can accept or decline the prize.
If you have questions about this, contact YP4H by emailing email@example.com or calling (614) 247-6947.