Continuing Your Journey
As you continue your journey toward better health and become familiar with the YP4H program, you will be amazed at how many health and wellness tools and resources are available to you and your family. Whether you choose Health Coaching or assistance handling major life changes, you’ll find that maintaining your balance and well-being is as easy as reaching out for help. Some of our popular programs include:
If you’ve been struggling to lose a few (or more) pounds, a little encouragement and useful information may be all you need to reach your goal. Check out these programs and tools that may help you maintain a healthy weight and stay on track.Learn More about Weight Management
No one ever said giving up tobacco products is easy, but it is one of the single most important things you can do for your health. Resources are available including tobacco cessation programs and educational materials.Learn More about Tobacco Cessation
If you have a personal health goal, such as losing weight, starting an exercise routine, or quitting smoking, and you aren’t sure where to turn for help, your personal health coach is just a phone call away. Health Coaches are happy to help you set realistic goals and provide you with support and resources that can help you along the way. All you have to do is ask.
In 2017 you can earn up to 1000 points by participating in the YP4H coaching program.
- Earn 100 points when you complete a Wellness Vision.
- Earn 125 points when you reach a SMART goal (up to 625).
- Earn 275 points when you complete a Confidence Assessment. Earn a $50 Fitbit subsidy* once you complete the Confidence Assessment (while supplies last).
Questions about how to earning coaching points? Ask your coach during your next session.
Health Coaching actions must be completed by November 30 to earn points for the 2017 incentive program.
* If subsidy is used to purchase a Fitbit device, applicable taxes will be applied. Under the Internal Revenue Code, the university is required to report taxable income for all financial incentives that a faculty/staff member or his/her S/SSDP receives.
Would you like to work together with your co-workers to support each other to generate healthy habits as a team? Learn more about Group Health Coaching (in person or via webinar).Learn More about Health Coaching
Health and Wellness Discounts
As an Ohio State faculty or staff member, you have access to special discounts at fitness centers and other health-related businesses. Take advantage of these discounts today!
Are you a gym, yoga studio or fitness club owner/manager, in the state of Ohio, that would like to offer discounts to Ohio State faculty, staff and thier families? Contact us to begin the conversation!Learn More about Health and Wellness Discounts
Employee Assistance Program
To combat life’s pressures, whether at work or at home, Ohio State faculty, staff, and their families have access to the Employee Assistance Program. This program is available to help you and your family proactively prevent and resolve issues, such as conflict resolution, mental health and substance abuse issues, financial planning, legal issues, and more.
Learn more by visiting the Impact Solutions website and using "buckeyes" for the username.
Learn More about Employee Assistance Program
Join us for these educational (and fun!) health and wellness workshops that focus on topics such as nutrition, fitness, cooking, stress-management, and a host of other subjects.Learn More about Educational Programming
If you or a family member (either of which is enrolled in the OSU Medical Plan) suffers from a chronic condition such as:
- heart disease
We can help you manage your disease, and you may qualify for reduced pharmaceutical copays when you participate in the Care Coordination program.
In 2017 you can earn up to 1500 points by participating in the YP4H care coordination program
- Earn 100 points when you complete a Wellness Vision
- Earn 125 points when you reach a SMART goal (upt o 625)
- Earn 275 points when you complete a Coaching Confidence Assessment
- Earn 250 points when you complete a Care Coordination Assessment
- Earn 250 points when you complete Educational Activities
Questions about earning care coordination points? Ask your nurse during your next call.Learn More about Care Coordination
Expecting a “Baby Buckeye?" Benefits-eligible moms-to-be have access to support while pregnant through the child’s first year of life. A trusted nurse and /or dietitian health coach will work with you to answer your questions and provide guidance about pregnancy, delivery, breastfeeding, baby basics, and more.
In 2017, earn up to 1000 points by participating in this program.
- 250 points when you attend Webinar Session One: Navigating health plan member benefits
- 125 points when you attend Webinar Session Two: Maternal nutrition and exercise
- 125 points when you attend Webinar Session Three: What to expect during pregnancy and more
- 125 points when you attend Webinar Session Four: Post pregnancy support and resources
- 125 points when you attend Telephonic Session: Postpartum follow up call
- 100 points when you attend Telephonic Session: Breastfeed for 3 months
- 150 points when you attend Telephonic Session: Breastfeed for 6 months
Have healthcare questions? The Ohio State 24/7 Nurseline gives you access to registered nurses who can provide assistance with health issues and general health and wellness information.Learn More about 24/7 Nurseline
Free Wellness Programs
Buckeyes Band Together for Wellness
The Buckeyes Band Together for Wellness program features educational modules on active living, healthy eating and emotional well being. This innovative wellness program, brought to you by university chief wellness officer Bernadette Melnyk, in partnership with Your Plan for Health, will help you incorporate tools and strategies to live a healthier life. Incentive prizes will be awarded throughout the program. Click the following link to access the wellness modules on the College of Nursings' eLearning system: https://elearning.nursing.osu.edu/login/index.php
Dining with Diabetes: Beyond the Kitchen
Do you, or a loved one, suffer from diabetes? Educators & researchers at Ohio State University Ext, Family & Consumer Sciences, have developed a self-paced online course to help participants learn, share & chat with health professionals. The course, Dining with Diabetes: Beyond the Kitchen, focuses on carbohydrates, fats, sodium, vitamins, minerals and fiber. The easy to follow three-module course includes lessons, videos and activities to complete. Participants can expect to learn:
- How important blood sugar and carbohydrates are for managing diabetes.
- How fats and sodium affect a healthy diet.
- The role vitamins, minerals and fiber play in a healthy diet.
- How to make healthy food choices when eating out and grocery shopping.
After completion of the course, participants receive a printable certificate. They are also automatically entered in a quarterly drawing for a $100 Amazon.com gift card. Sign up is easy and free. Visit go.osu.edu/DWD_BTK and click “buy now.” The course will be added to cart for checkout at no cost. After completing the transaction, participant will be required to create an account with campus.extension.org to take advantage of all the materials.
- Buying a Home - Know Before You Owe | Mortgages The CFPB’s mortgage initiative is designed to help consumers understand their loan options, shop for the mortgage that’s best for them, and avoid costly surprises at the closing table. http://www.consumerfinance.gov/know-before-you-owe/#4
- Take control of your auto loan: Whether you’re a first time borrower or a pro, getting an auto loan can be complicated. Learn how to prepare so you can save money, reduce stress, and get the auto loan that’s right for you. http://www.consumerfinance.gov/consumer-tools/auto-loans/
- Student Loans: Paying for College It’s more important than ever for students and former students to make smart decisions about financing their college education. Whether you’re attending college soon, are a current student, or already have student loans, we’ve put together some tools and resources to help you make the best decisions for you. http://www.consumerfinance.gov/paying-for-college/
- Resources for parents and caregivers - Children learn from watching you earn, shop, save, and borrow – you’re the top influence on their financial lives. And you don’t need to be a money expert to help them start out strong. https://www.consumerfinance.gov/educational-resources/money-as-you-grow/
Guided imagery audio exercises are intended to help destress your life, declutter your mind, and help you get above the pressures of your life. Download OSU Health Plan exercises for a quick and easy way to relax no matter where you are. The OSU Employee Assistance Program is happy to offer you the following complimentary tools to help you through stressful times at home and work: https://hr.osu.edu/benefits/eap
We may not be able to avoid obstacles, but we can learn how to bounce back from them more effectively. Learning resiliency skills can lead to greater life enjoyment and can have a positive impact at home, work, and within relationships. https://osuhealthplan.com/members/ohio-state-employee-assistance-program-eap/eap-recordings
Walk With A Doc -
Walk with a Doc is a walking program for everyone interested in taking steps for a healthier lifestyle. While you walk at your own pace, you’ll have the opportunity to have questions answered by local physicians. Learn more and find a walk near you http://walkwithadoc.org/our-locations/