Free Wellness Programs
Buckeyes Band Together for Wellness
The Buckeyes Band Together for Wellness program features educational modules on active living, healthy eating and emotional well being available on the new BuckeyeLearn system. This innovative wellness program, brought to you by university chief wellness officer Bernadette Melnyk, in partnership with Your Plan for Health, will help you incorporate tools and strategies to live a healthier life. Incentive prizes will be awarded throughout the program. Click the following link to access the wellness modules on the College of Nursings' eLearning system: https://elearning.nursing.osu.edu/login/index.php
Dining with Diabetes: Beyond the Kitchen
Do you, or a loved one, suffer from diabetes? Educators & researchers at Ohio State University Ext, Family & Consumer Sciences, have developed a self-paced online course to help participants learn, share & chat with health professionals. The course, Dining with Diabetes: Beyond the Kitchen, focuses on carbohydrates, fats, sodium, vitamins, minerals and fiber. The easy to follow three-module course includes lessons, videos and activities to complete. Participants can expect to learn:
- How important blood sugar and carbohydrates are for managing diabetes.
- How fats and sodium affect a healthy diet.
- The role vitamins, minerals and fiber play in a healthy diet.
- How to make healthy food choices when eating out and grocery shopping.
After completion of the course, participants receive a printable certificate. They are also automatically entered in a quarterly drawing for a $100 Amazon.com gift card. Sign up is easy and free. Visit go.osu.edu/DWD_BTK and click “buy now.” The course will be added to cart for checkout at no cost. After completing the transaction, participant will be required to create an account with campus.extension.org to take advantage of all the materials.
- Buying a Home - Know Before You Owe | Mortgages The CFPB’s mortgage initiative is designed to help consumers understand their loan options, shop for the mortgage that’s best for them, and avoid costly surprises at the closing table. http://www.consumerfinance.gov/know-before-you-owe/#4
- Take control of your auto loan: Whether you’re a first time borrower or a pro, getting an auto loan can be complicated. Learn how to prepare so you can save money, reduce stress, and get the auto loan that’s right for you. http://www.consumerfinance.gov/consumer-tools/auto-loans/
- Student Loans: Paying for College It’s more important than ever for students and former students to make smart decisions about financing their college education. Whether you’re attending college soon, are a current student, or already have student loans, we’ve put together some tools and resources to help you make the best decisions for you. http://www.consumerfinance.gov/paying-for-college/
- Resources for parents and caregivers - Children learn from watching you earn, shop, save, and borrow – you’re the top influence on their financial lives. And you don’t need to be a money expert to help them start out strong. http://www.consumerfinance.gov/money-as-you-grow/
Guided imagery audio exercises are intended to help destress your life, declutter your mind, and help you get above the pressures of your life. OSU Health Plan Manager Patrice Rancour developed and narrates these three-to-six-minute guided imagery exercises promoting good health and well-being. Download them to your phone or music player for a quick and easy way to relax no matter where you are. The OSU Employee Assistance Program is happy to offer you the following complimentary tools to help you through stressful times at home and work: https://osuhealthplan.com/members/ohio-state-employee-assistance-program...
We may not be able to avoid obstacles, but we can learn how to bounce back from them more effectively. Learning resiliency skills can lead to greater life enjoyment and can have a positive impact at home, work, and within relationships. https://osuhealthplan.com/members/ohio-state-employee-assistance-program...
Walk With A Doc -
Walk with a Doc is a walking program for everyone interested in taking steps for a healthier lifestyle. While you walk at your own pace, you’ll have the opportunity to have questions answered by local physicians. Learn more and find a walk near you http://walkwithadoc.org/our-locations/