Mental Health First Aid - Your Plan for Health
- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid
February 14 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
One event on February 18, 2022 at 9:00 am
Just as CPR helps those without clinical training assist an individual having a heart attack, Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) prepares participants to interact with a person experiencing a mental health crisis. Join the Arts and Sciences MHFA course in February to learn how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders.
What will be covered in MHFA training?
- Common signs and symptoms of mental illness
- Common signs and symptoms of substance use
- How to interact with a person in crisis
- How to connect the person with help
- Expanded content on trauma, addiction and self-care
MHFA is an evidence-based course operated by the National Council for Mental Wellbeing. These virtual training sessions for Arts and Sciences faculty and staff are hosted by the Staff Advisory Council (SAC).
- Monday, Feb. 14, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 18, 9 a.m. – noon
You must attend both virtual training sessions in order to receive your MHFA certification.
Register using the button below.