See Where Self-Care Can Take You! - Your Plan for Health
- This event has passed.
See Where Self-Care Can Take You!
May 8, 2020 @ 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
Participating in the Step Into Self-Care YP4H Walking Challenge with your fellow Buckeyes?
Join the OSU Health Coaching Team for a 6-week self-care webinar series to go along with the themes in the challenge! Meet with our coaches online each week to discuss strategies from different wellness dimensions such as social support, physical activity, nutrition and emotional well-being. You will have time in each session to practice a strategy or develop your goals.
- Week 1 The Art of Relaxation: Lindsay and Amanda will discuss the practice and benefits of true relaxation, along with creative ideas to try and an in-session breathing exercise to get started.
- Week 2 Relaxing the Body: Jessica and Amanda will discuss how exercise and nutrition help us feel well mentally, emotionally, and physically, and will lead a Progressive Muscle Relaxation exercise in session to send everyone off feeling at ease!
- Week 3 Relaxing the Mind: Bonnie and Amanda will discuss the benefits of mindfulness and meditation, and share ways you incorporate mindfulness practices into everyday activities and with the whole family.
- Week 4 Some Serious Downtime: Alison and Amanda will discuss the true art of both connection and disconnection, and share the benefits of creating space to spend quality time with yourself and with loved ones.
- Week 5 Mr. Sandman: Michael and Amanda will discuss how sleep benefits us mentally, emotionally, and physically, and will share tips for developing good sleep hygiene.
- Week 6 My Self-Care Goals: Adam and Amanda will help you create a personalized wellness vision and plan for self-care, focusing on actions that connect to your values and priorities.
This is a six session series meeting on Fridays from 12:30pm to 1:00pm starting on May 8, 2020 and ending on June 12, 2020. You will be automatically enrolled for all six sessions (5/8, 5/15, 5/22, 5/29, 6/5 & 6/12) when you register for the first session.
To register for this event, click on the ‘Register or Learn More’ button below and then click the ‘Schedule’ button.