Challenges - Your Plan for Health
2020 Campus Challenges
Mindful Minutes Individual Challenge | August 3 – August 30
Pre-Registration: July 27
more details coming soon!
Hit The Road With The Buckeyes | October 12 – December 6
Pre-Registration: September 28
more details coming soon!
Create Your Own Challenge
You have the ability to challenge your peers by creating your own challenges at anytime.
You can choose from a steps challenge or many healthy habit challenges.
Step & Save Team Walking Challenge | February 3 – March 1
Pre-Registration: January 27
This unique team challenge combines both physical and financial wellness. Set a daily step goal that is achievable for you. Decide on a daily savings goal that fits within your budget. For each day that you meet your step goal, set aside what you pledged to save. At the end of the four weeks, celebrate your step and savings successes!
- Explore the new Journeys section of Virgin Pulse and begin a Managing My Finances module
- Visit the Ohio Saves website to sign up for weekly financial wellness information
- Read the articles here and here to learn how to begin building an emergency savings fund
- View the financial resources available through our EAP provider
- Check out the Financial Fitness center on the YP4H website for additional resources
- Teams can have up to 5 participants
- You can get credit for up to 30,000 steps a day
- Team scores are based on total steps
- If self-entering activity, you must do so in the challenge activity conversion tool
- If you are using an app/device for syncing activity (e.g. Fitbit), you have to regularly open the dashboard of that app/device in order for that data to be synced to the Virgin Pulse portal/app
Points* & Prizes** Available (up to 2,500 max)
- Track/log steps daily: 25 points (up to 700 points total)
- Track/log steps every day BONUS: 300 points
- Individual step average ≥ challenge step average: 1,000 points
- Take the Ohio Saves pledge: 500 points (complete this during America Saves Week 2/24 – 2/29 to be entered to win a $100 gift card)
- Share your step and savings successes with the YP4H team at the end of the challenge to be entered to win $100 PulseCash
*Team members who did not participate in the challenge (i.e. join a team but do not log activity) will not receive points. Final points will be awarded by 3/13/20.
**Team members who did not participate in the challenge (i.e. join a team but do not log activity) are not eligible for prizes. Under the Internal Revenue Code, the university is required to report taxable income for financial incentives. Therefore, you will be taxed if you choose to accept the PulseCash.
Step Into Self-Care
Team Walking Challenge | May 4 – June 14
Pre-Registration Begins April 24
|Log in to YP4H|
In times of uncertainty, it is easy to lose sight of our health and wellness journey. Utilize this challenge as motivation to stay focused on your well-being. Through walking and practicing self-care techniques, the university is here to support your wellness goals. Stay strong, Buckeyes!
- Teams can have up to 8 participants
- You can self-enter activity or use a device
- You can change teams until May 4, when the challenge begins
- You can earn YP4H points (see below) if you are regularly tracking
- Join our Friday Fundays! (see below)
- See full challenge rules
Each Friday, join us in one (or all) of these mini-community challenges — we’re in this together!
Submit A Photo
Post your challenge walks, workouts or self-care from the week using the hashtag #StepIntoSelfCare. Those that submit a photo will be entered to win $25 PulseCash* in our weekly raffle. See weekly winners
Go The Distance: Log A 10K Day
On Fridays, you are challenged to obtain 10,000+ steps. Those that accomplish that feat will be entered to win $25 PulseCash* in our weekly raffle. (If the weather is terrible or your work schedule does not allow, we will accept a 10k Saturday instead.) See weekly winners
Join Us For Lunch
Join the OSU Health Coaching Team on Fridays from 12:30PM-1:00PM for a 6-week self-care webinar series to discuss strategies from different wellness dimensions such as social support, physical activity, nutrition, and emotional well-being. Register here
Take A #BuckeyeBreak
Join us for a 30 minute virtual hang out with real-talk from you, your peers, and members of the EAP team. We’ll chat about what is helping you get through these days. Get real suggestions that help in a fun & productive environment. Click on each date to register (5/8 | 5/15 | 5/22 | 5/29)
Virtual Group Fitness Classes
Choose from a variety of special edition Friday lunchtime classes including Bootcamp, Yoga, Zumba, Meditation and STRONG. If you find one you like, consider participating in the regularly scheduled weekly classes sponsored by Buckeye Wellness. View classes here
- Pump up the good vibes! Lace-up your walking shoes, pop in your earbuds and stream the Kind Song Playlist on Spotify (created by kind.osu.edu)
- Visit the Keep Well resource center to find well-being resources to support your physical and mental health
- Find additional ways to stay active at home:
Points** Available (up to 5,000)
- University unlocks Stage 2 (Relaxing The Body): 500 points
- University unlocks Stage 3 (Relaxing The Mind): 500 points
- University unlocks Stage 4 (Some Serious Downtime): 500 points
- University unlocks Stage 5 (Mr. Sandman): 1,000 points
- Individual step average ≥ challenge step average: 2,500 bonus points
*Team members who did not participate in the challenge (i.e. join a team but do not log activity) are not eligible for prizes. PulseCash is subject to taxation at the time it is earned, so raffle winners can accept or decline the prize.
**Team members who did not participate in the challenge (i.e. join a team but do not log activity) will not receive points. Stage unlock points will be awarded within 48 hours of unlocking (must log activity twice between stage unlocks to earn). Final bonus points will be awarded by 6/26/20. See full challenge rules