2021 YP4H Program - Your Plan for Health
2021 YP4H Program
During the program year (January 1 through December 31, 2021), you have many opportunities to earn points every day, which can quickly accumulate to help you complete up to four incentive levels each quarter. As you advance through the incentive levels, you earn rewards.
There are a few incentive programs available, depending on your medical benefit enrollment and employment status:
- If you’re enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan, you can earn premium credit, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) credits and PulseCash.
- Employees who are eligible for Ohio State benefits but not enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan can earn PulseCash.
- Spouses enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan can earn premium credit, Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) credits and PulseCash.
Before choosing to participate in the wellness program, please review our notice on voluntary participation, privacy, and security.
Enrolled faculty and staff can earn a $25/month premium credit, or up to $40/month with an enrolled spouse, off of employee medical plan contributions by completing a Personal Health and Well-being Assessment (PHA) and a verified Biometric Screening to earn premium credit.
- To reduce your cost for health care and receive the full premium credit for 2022, complete the PHA and biometric screening verification by December 31, 2021.
- NEW HIRES: If you were newly hired, became eligible for benefits in 2021 OR missed the 2020 deadline, you have the opportunity to begin earning premium credit once you complete the PHA and screening.
- Once you complete both, the PHA and screening, you will begin to see the premium credit applied to your pay within 30 days. It will be listed as a “Benefit Credit” in your pay summary. If you are receiving the employee and spouse credit, the total you’re receiving will be combined on one line.
- This credit will be applied prospectively, until the end of the calendar year AND through the duration of the 2022 calendar year while you’re enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan.
Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) Credits
Enrolled participants can each earn up to $300 in HRA credits. If you do not use all of your HRA credits, they will roll over to the following year and you can use them to pay for future health care costs. You must be a covered employee under the Plan at the time HRA balances are rolled over.
Participants can earn up to $100 in PulseCash. PulseCash is available for you to redeem for gift cards, health and wellness items in the Virgin Pulse online store, or to donate to designated charitable organizations. PulseCash is subject to taxation at the time it is earned.
Below is the program available each quarter in 2021 for those faculty/staff enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan and those who are not enrolled.
You can earn up to $75 HRA credit and $25 PulseCash each quarter. The quarterly program will reset on January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1.
|Quarterly Program||Faculty/staff enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan||Eligible for Ohio State benefits, but not enrolled in a medical plan|
|$15 HRA||$5 PulseCash|
|$20 HRA||$5 PulseCash|
|$20 HRA &
|$20 HRA &
The rewards you earn are dependent upon your medical plan enrollment status reflected in the YP4H portal at the time you reach each incentive level.
Below is the program available each quarter in 2021 for spouses enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan. A spouse is eligible when their medical enrollment first becomes effective.
Spouses can earn up to $75 HRA credit and $25 PulseCash each quarter. The quarterly program will reset on January 1, April 1, July 1 and October 1.
|Quarterly Program||Spouses enrolled in an Ohio State medical plan|
|$15 Credit to Employee’s HRA|
|$20 Credit to Employee’s HRA|
|$20 Credit to Employee’s HRA & $5 PulseCash|
|$20 Credit to Employee’s HRA & $20 PulseCash|
Spouses should complete PHA first
Spouses have a unique requirement regarding consent. A spouse must complete the consent that is displayed to them when completing the PHA. This consent allows permission for secure data to flow from the OSU Health Plan (OSUHP) to Virgin Pulse, to comply with current regulations when offering wellness services and programming to spouses. This means anything that the OSUHP is responsible for administering, including biometric health screening status, biometric health value reporting, participating in health plan programs (e.g. coaching, care coordination, etc.), will not be sent to Virgin Pulse until the PHA and corresponding consent is completed, thus delaying when points appear for spouses.
It’s important to continue preventive care, such as your annual well exam or biometric screening, even in the midst of a pandemic. Contact your provider to see if they are willing to perform your annual exam via Telehealth if you feel uncomfortable being seen in an office.
Your verified biometric screening, consisting of height, weight, blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL, and blood sugar value (either glucose or A1C), must be completed between 1/1/2021 and 12/30/21. It can be completed in one of the following ways.
Your values obtained during an annual exam with an OSU or Central Ohio Primary Care (COPC) provider are received by the OSU Health Plan (OSUHP). Once all values are received (height, weight, blood pressure, total cholesterol, HDL and a blood sugar value: glucose or A1c), your Virgin Pulse account will be updated to reflect that you have a complete biometric screening.
- NOTE: If you complete your exam via Telehealth, not all values can be recorded. After your visit, please reach out to OSUHP to confirm you will receive credit for completing a biometric health screening.”
OSUHP must receive all of your values by December 30, 2021 to count your screening as complete and verified. Some file feeds can take 10-30 days to process. Please plan your well exam/physicals with this in mind and reach out to OSUHP if you have questions about getting your verification in by the deadline.
If you see a provider outside of the OSU or COPC network, you may need to have your values submitted by your provider. Please have your provider complete the Provider Form and submit to OSUHP to verify that you have completed a biometric screening with him or her.
- Forms received after December 30, 2021 cannot be processed.
If you complete an on-campus screening, you will automatically receive credit for the verified biometric screening.
- Due to the pandemic, increased safety protocols, and the number of faculty and staff who are still working remotely, the number of available screening events are currently limited.
- Search for available appointments here.
New look, new location!
The PHA is new in 2021 and located under “Health Check” in your Virgin Pulse account.
The newly designed PHA has been improved so it can be completed quicker and provide a better experience on mobile devices than in previous years. Once you’ve completed a verified Biometric Screening, your values will be integrated into your PHA results.
Check-in with your current health status. Your PHA is a private, secure online tool, located in your Virgin Pulse account, for you to use to assess your current health status. Upon completion of the PHA, you will receive a personalized summary of your health status and risks.
The PHA is now located under the “Health” tab. Select “Health Check” to begin the PHA.
Biometric Health Screening Verification
- 2021 Provider Form – bring this to your appointment when visiting non-OSUP or non- COPC providers.
Healthy Lifestyle Program Completion
Healthy Living Bonus
Reasonable Alternative or Waiver Form
- Contact Virgin Pulse to request
- Phone: (833) 556-6287
- Email: email@example.com